Cstyles Sims3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inElite

Share | 

Stuck Sim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
katink
katink

Top Poster : Stuck Sim Topposter
Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

Stuck Sim Vide
PostSubject: Stuck Sim   Stuck Sim I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2014, 10:06 am

Please tell me that someone else has had this problem. One of my sims went to the MacDuff house in Moonlight Falls and while she was there, Jules MacDuff died of starvation. The grim reaper didn't even show up. I just got a message at the top of the screen saying something to the effect of: Jules MacDuff has died of starvation. You'd think that someone would at least offer him a sandwich.

I thought, OK...that's kind of odd, but went to city hall to collect his urn so that I could give him a proper burial or resurrect him. I put his urn on my sim's desk and continued to play my game. One of my sim's daughters had aged up to young adult and I had to send her to City Hall to graduate. For some reason, Jules MacDuff was standing in front of City Hall. He doesn't move...he's just stuck on the sidewalk. I can't delete him or even move him. He's like a statue. I tried cleansing the dead, but that doesn't work. My sim can mourn over his urn, but can't pick it up now. It says the urn is in use. I really don't want to go back to a previous save. Not sure what to do now.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

Stuck Sim Vide
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Sim   Stuck Sim I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2014, 10:30 pm

dont give up. save the sim , save the sim egads yes saveeeeeeee him , i hope you so shudders

oh oh her an idea , take out your hack and mods hack folder temporaily? maybe just take out the whole mod folder out for tiny bit to run the game?

Try resetsim sims name (the name of the sim that is/isn't dead)

will that work
see thread
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/192080.page

if it was me , i just quit the game ,so that i can go back to where i left off playing the game when i i started it. it will mean you wont get to save the game and all new achievment but eh that better than having my sims going where i not want them .

or one can reset the sim.
that what i do when my sim get stuck. did u switch houses back and forth to jiggle the game somewhat. maybe one can delete the urn or reset the urn? mmm
Back to top Go down
katink
katink

Gemini
Comments : A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
--Steve Martin

As a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it.
--Buddy Hackett

Stuck Sim Vide
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Sim   Stuck Sim I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2014, 6:24 am

I ended up going back to a previous save. Luckily, I tend to save my game a lot, so I didn't lose too much...about a day and a half.  whew  The first thing I did when I went back into game and saw that Jules MacDuff was very much alive was add him to my household, along with his twin, Joe. He is now happily married to Fawn Goodfellow and is at level 6 in the firefighter career. Smile Unfortunately, his little sister Felicity met with an untimely demise after she became a teenager.
Back to top Go down
mamx

Libra
Comments : adult living in canada

Stuck Sim Vide
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Sim   Stuck Sim I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2014, 2:19 pm

well i am glad you are ok , u know you can copy and paste the save folder for each world by itself , instead of being in game and saving a world or saving world as world 2 or whatever you name it. so much faster.and u can do it just before you start the game too. so if anything goes wrong u can can just delete the bad save and plop in your easy save right back in. i find the game saving the games can be problematic sometimes eeks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stuck Sim Vide
PostSubject: Re: Stuck Sim   Stuck Sim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuck Sim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cstyles Sims3 :: Welcome :: Tech & Game Support-
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com